I have been fortunate enough to have traveled several places across the beautiful nation I call home and around the world. However, there are so many places I have yet to see, culture to get to know, and histories to discover. I belive that traveling truly is one of the best ways to learn, and I hope to do a lot more of it in the upcoming years.
One place I hope to see soon is England. With more than a few friends in graduate schools there this year, it would be a wonderful opportunity to reminisce with them and see up-close such a rich history and culture. Plus, as an avid Kate and Pippa fan for their lovely senses of style, it would be so fun to visit their favorite shops and score some great deals on purses and shoes that I’ve been eyeying!
Here is my top five list of things I need to do when I go to London:
5. As I love photographic proof that I am in London (and not just Heathrow), I’ll need to see the tourist staples – Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus, Marble Arch, Big Ben, Changing of the Guard, Trafalgar Square, London Eye, and the iconic red double-decker bus.
4. Watch the street performers, a must for me wherever I go. What can I say? I’m a kid at heart still enthralled by the absurdity of it all. Plus, it’s always fun to see the similarities and subtle differences between street performers in different places.
3. Listen to the Choristers of the Choir at Westminster Abbey Choir School. I love good music, especially the kind that gives me chills.
2. Attend a Shakespeare play. I don’t think I need to do any explaining on this one.
1. People watch! Then meet and greet. But of course the social butterfly can’t just observe…
I’ll be coming up with more of these lists on places to see (and hopefully posting on my travels) – stay tuned!